Suffering from Anemia, Should You See a Doctor? - OCSEHAT

Suffering from Anemia, Should You See a Doctor?

Our country is one of the countries with a high number of anemia sufferers. Unfortunately, there are still many people who do not understand that they should see a doctor when experiencing symptoms of anemia.

Without proper handling, anemia can cause complications in the heart and blood circulation. This disease can also endanger the life of the mother and fetus if it occurs during pregnancy.

Should you see a doctor if you have anemia?

Before visiting a specialist, you need to see a general practitioner if you experience symptoms of anemia. Your doctor will diagnose your condition based on your medical history, physical examination, and blood tests.

Anemia is divided into several types with various causes. This condition can also be a symptom of other more severe diseases. Therefore, doctors must be very careful and careful when making a diagnosis.

You can also help your doctor by explaining in detail the symptoms, family health history, diet, and medications you consume.

It will all help the doctor to find out the type of anemia that you might experience.

There are a number of examinations that your doctor may recommend when you check up, including:

  • Complete blood count test to determine the number, size, volume, and amount of hemoglobin in red blood cells
  • Amount of vitamin B9, B12, and other vitamins that are important for the production of red blood cells
  • Total amount of iron in the body
  • A urine test and examination of the like to find out how fast your body produces red blood cells
  • Special blood tests to detect less frequent causes of anemia, such as immune system abnormalities, fragile red blood cells, enzyme abnormalities, etc.

The examination is not only effective in diagnosing anemia, but also helps doctors detect other diseases that are the cause. For example, iron deficiency anemia can occur due to colon polyps, tumors, or kidney disorders.

When should anemia be handled by a specialist?

Many people do not understand what medical treatment to treat anemia to, so consult a specialist.

This is actually not entirely wrong, but specialists are generally tasked with handling more specific cases of anemia.

An example is if you experience aplastic anemia. This disease occurs when the bone marrow no longer produces enough blood cells.

The cause is an attack from the immune system that mistakenly recognizes the bone marrow as a threat.

To diagnose aplastic anemia, a blood test and bone marrow biopsy are needed. A biopsy is a tissue sampling procedure for further examination.

People with aplastic anemia have fewer blood cells in their marrow.

Medical personnel who usually carry out this examination are internal medicine specialists (hematologists), hematology specialists, or hematologists. You can recognize it from his title, Sp.GG-KHOM (Medical Hematology-Oncology Consultant).

A hematologist focuses on the branch of science related to blood components and the problem.

Well, you now know what doctor you need to deal with anemia. The next step is to prepare yourself with medical records, referral documents from general practitioners, and questions regarding your condition.

Don't hesitate to ask all the things you need to know about anemia, ranging from type, severity, to treatment options. The more information you have, the better the impact on health

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

0 Response to "Suffering from Anemia, Should You See a Doctor?"

Posting Komentar

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel